Friday, 20 March 2015

Five On Friday

Welcome to Five On Friday!  Thank you so much to everyone who took part last week, you are more than welcome to take part again - and I hope that you will!



If you want to grab a Five On Friday Button or get more information about how to join in the All About Five On Friday page will tell you all that you need to know.  I did promise a tutorial about this a little while ago, but time has got away from me.  However, I have updated the All About Five On Friday page and hopefully this will give you all the information and answers that you need.

To visit other bloggers taking part, just click on the links at the end of the post.  Please do go and visit their lovely posts!

********************

In keeping with earlier posts this week, today, I am revisiting an old post.  My very first Five On Friday post!  This was written when it was just me writing posts on my own, before anyone else started doing their own posts and we started the little groups.  You can find the original post here.

I hope that you find it enjoyable!

1.  I finally figured out how to crop photos using the photo program on my computer!!  (I only got this computer in January..........)  It was totally by chance that I worked it out and I am still not sure if I am doing it properly, but it is so much easier than using Picassa to do the cropping.  I don't edit any photos in any other way, what I take is what you get, but I do trim them down a bit to get rid of things around the edges.


Not cropped


Cropped

2.  Another look at my first mini bouquet from my garden, they are so pretty they deserve another look I think!


3.  My no two the same is coming along slowly but surely.



4.  This little bunny was another Mollie Makes kit make, it didn't go to plan.  The ears were too small to turn inside out so I unpicked it and sewed it up this way instead.  He doesn't look very happy and someone who shall remain nameless hubby has made some comments about him looking scary and having too big a tail!  Charming hey.  I will pop him in the Easter decorations box and see how I feel about him next year.  Or I might use him as a pin cushion - ouch!!  Not my best make ever, but I share the rough and the smooth here!




5.  How is it that the rhubarb that came up first looks like this.


The one that was missing in action for so long looks like this?  Why? 


I picked some from the bigger one in the hope that it might encourage the smaller one.  It has made no difference.


********************

Sorry to go on about this again, but I really must thank you for your kind thoughts and comments and so on over the last few days.  You are wonderful, and I am thankful that you have all borne with me this week.

I will not bore you with the details of my irritating - and irritated! - shoulder, but having realised that I had to take time to relax and to give it time to heal and having done just that, I am so glad that I did.  This has happened to me before and keeping away from my keyboard seems to have done the trick to let it heal quite quickly.  It isn't perfect yet, but is so much better after the rest.  So I am going to take the weekend off from blogging and will return again - all being well - on Monday with normal bloggy service.

Thank you for still visiting me here even though it has been reruns and thank you too for still visiting even though I haven't left any comments on your posts.  I have been reading all that you have been up to though.  I have also spent some time on Pinterest - you can do that with one hand! - and had fun finding some different ideas for garlands and crochet and other crafts, starting some new boards and updating my candle collection!

Well, my shoulder is telling me to stop now, so I will leave you all in peace!  I hope that you have a great weekend and thank you again for your support and for joining in with these posts - if you do a post today and link up I will come by and read and leave a comment so you know that I came by!

Amy

48 comments:

  1. So many nice things and I enjoy the colors in your post.
    By the way: the journal "Mollie Makes" we have in Germany too, in translation. I like it.
    Get well soon, it is sometimes better without PC (I've stop blogging in last time too) and enjoy your springtime.

    (I'm not angry not to get a comment, I appreciate your meme even without this)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear Amy, this colourful post is just lovely!
    The photo of your mini bouquet is beautiful and your crochet works are always so inspiring.
    Take care (of your shoulder, especially!) and have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving looking rhubarb there a lot further on than mine, I stopped getting Mollie Makes I cut down on a lot of magazines. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see your first Five on Friday post. I have managed to join in this week! Pleased your shoulder is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why don't you download Irfanview, it's free and will do most of what you want

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy, you took me back to when I learned to crop my photos too and it can make such a difference. I think it's been a great idea taking us back this week, I have really enjoyed it. Keep taking care of that shoulder and I m the same as Mascha, it doesn't matter if you don't leave a comment, thank you for hosting. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Five lovely things, your little posy is so pretty. Our rhubarb is just coming up now and I'm looking forward to the first rhubarb crumble. Carry on relaxing and taking care of that shoulder and have a lovely weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely trip down memory lane, I do love that blanket! Keep looking after yourself and have a peaceful relaxing weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those flowers are beautiful, but the bunny does look a bit sad- can you re-stitch his mouth maybe? Seems a shame not to use him. Take it easy with that shoulder honey and have a lovely, restful weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your rhubarb is glorious, a lot further on than mine is. You will see it shortly when I post my five on Friday. Have a lovely restful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you come over and crop my photos, I haven't worked out how to do it on our computer we have had it over a year! Is the smaller rhubarb an old plant that you have had a while. They send out spindly stalks like that when they need splitting. You need to wait until they autumn/winter and you dig up the root ball and basically chop it with a spade, sounds brutal I know but it does work! Then you have an extra plant too!

    Your shoulder sounds painful, hope,it feels better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like that yellow bunny - he has attitude! And the posy is incredibly pretty, and I have no idea what any of those flowers are - must belong to a more delicate climate :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such gorgeous colours in your post Amy. It makes up for the grey sky here, and lack of eclipse! It went a bit darker and that was it. I was quite hopeful for something special as I remember the last one 16 years ago, standing in my garden. Have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely to look back on your first Five on Friday post. I still don't do anything to my photos either, I don't even crop them so you're ahead of me on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that bunny looks fine. I wonder if it's going to be part of your Easter decorations this year. Have a lovely weekend. Hope your shoulder feels better soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is odd about the rhubarb isn't it. I hope it will catch up. Keep resting that shoulder!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope your rhubarb gets it back together. I had one whole tomato plant just die off, I was not happy. I only have two! Hope you continue to feel better this weekend. I am skipping today's Five on Friday as I just posted yesterday and no one can stand me two days in a row,
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, that rhubarb is going to be wonderful! LOVE the colors in all your projects, Amy!! So beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the crafts - and the rhubarb - I can't wait until ours is big enough to eat - it is just tiny leaves budding out right now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Amy, I loved this first post of yours. I do hope you rest up and feel better. Take care and have a nice Friday and weekend.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rhubarb crumble is all I can think of after seeing your rhubarb! Have a lovely weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Amy, sorry that you haven't been top notch. Catching up on missed post, so lovely to hear all about the things you have been up to. Take care. X

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so glad your shoulder is rested up!
    Pretty crochet, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amy, take care of that shoulder, and thanks for the tip on the table covering. I think your idea will be simpler than the one I had in mind, so I'm going shopping today for the burlap. I'll post a picture when I get it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Keep up the good work helping that shoulder heal Amy! I loved reading this as I didn't follow things then so it's new to me! I love seeing any of your knitting or crochet as that's what I aspire to learn someday! I also love the flowers and rhubarb - green growing things make my soul smile right now!! And I think that bunny is down right adorable.

    Happy weekend ahead.xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pretty little bouquet, and more special because you grew it yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I enjoyed your post today.....I hope your shoulder continues to improve and that you have a lovely weekend, Amy!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a pretty and colorful post, Amy! I love your doily and your little bunny is adorable, not scary at all! Although you could prop him up beside your Mr. when he is sleeping.....just for fun! (I have a wicked sense of humor, sorry). I have the very same shoulder issue and when I am on the keyboard too long, it starts to get painful. I sleep with a heating pad.....Hope you heal soon! Thanks for hosting this fun meme - I think I have finally got the hang of it! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  29. 5 lovelies, Amy. Hope your shoulder continues to improve. Enjoy your weekend! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your no two the same - it's so pretty! Glad your shoulder is improving! Your rhubarb is looking so good. My hubby thinned ours and it hasn't come back the same.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Do hope your shoulder continues to improve. I love all the colour in your pictures.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Amy! I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder and pray it will get better - really soon! Cropping really does make a difference, doesn't it? Your doily is so pretty too! Just take care of yourself and we'll be here for you.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. So many pretties my friend! I love that bunny! I would really like to try on with my oldest for Easter! Im glad your shoulder is feeling better! And hmmm on the rhubarb?? Keep us posted on that one! Thinking of you buddy! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Amy
    Only three of your photos opened for me...
    Such a beautiful crochet doily - I love the colours and pattern.
    Pretty flowers and I love your rhubarb patch!

    I see I'm too late to join in as your linky is closed already!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hey Amy,
    I sometimes look back on old posts of mine. It's like flipping through a diary.
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. It's nice to go back into your archives Amy there is some really good stuff in there it's a shame to keep it hidden, I think we should all do it and often, thanks for hosting again I can see more and more people joining in, it's lovely to read about everyone's 5, have a great weekend. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hello amy,

    A beautiful crochet doily, with gorgeous colours. I do love your little bunny he is so seeet.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hey I have had the exact same problem with two of my rhubarb plants, they are close together, one is super healthy the other one looks awful. They've been that way for years, maybe they are too close together or something. Love all your pretty makes and the rabbit is just fine, thank you very much! Your posies are so pretty too. You know maybe I will dig up my wimpy rhubarb and move it and see if that helps, will keep you posted on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Is there anything nicer than fresh flowers from your own garden? Hope you're having a great weekend, Amy.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  40. Lovely post .. I like your doily and the flowers ... good luck for the blanket ... HAve a lovely sunday !

    ReplyDelete
  41. You've won my giveaway. Can you please let me have your address so that I can get the book sent out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Amy, I enjoyed your 5 on Friday, I've seen it on other blogs that participate with you. I just might have to join in, if I can remember to get the post done in time. Hope you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi again Amy, I've just been reading a bit more on your blog. I see you are in the UK, which explains your blooms already. I'm originally from London, immigrated to Canada, returned and lived in Essex for 5 years where 2 of our daughters were born. I've written myself a reminder on my blog calendar to join in your 5 on Friday. I'll go and visit some of the other participants after dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Again, I know I commented, but had the feeling it went astray, so here I am now. I loved you 5 on Friday makes, etc this week and always look forward to what we might see. Thanks Amy and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  45. i love the blooms. love all the craftys too ... what fun. i am ready for spring ... i find blogs like yours really tide me over a bit ... hope it will arrive soon. i know it is officially spring but it sure does not feel like it is here. not yet. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  46. Lovely to see your gorgeous crochet projects and the posy from your garden is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Very fun to revisit your first FonF post -- I can't even remember when I did my first one -- it's been too long! Love that beautiful crochet circle!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx