Friday, 29 April 2016

Five On Friday

Welcome once again to Five On Friday!

I want to start off with some thanks and acknowledgements.

Thank you to everyone who took part last week and for understanding about my lack of commenting the previous week.  I am now all back to normal and my cold is gone, so hopefully I will be round visiting and commenting as normal.

Welcome to new followers and new Five On Friday participants.   It is great to have you on board and joining in, you really are most welcome here.

I also wanted to say a big thank you to all of those who have found me on Instagram this week and welcomed me.  It has been great fun and I have really appreciated your welcome.  Yes, I love it and yes, I am already addicted...  After less than week!

My thanks too to those of you who have watched the Podcast and let me know that you have enjoyed it.  Starting it has been very scary as I have always kept myself hidden as you probably know and this is very exposing indeed.  Thank you to those who have followed the Podcast too.  If you want details see the Ravelry Group - Love Made My Home - which you can find here.  Please feel free to join the group.

There have been a lot of changes this year at Love Made My Home with my new shops, the Podcast, finally joining Instagram and my posts changing a bit.  I am sorry if it has all been a bit bombarding for you all, I really haven't meant for it to be!  Trust me, I feel rather bombarded myself!!!

The final thing to do has been to set up a new hashtag for Five On Friday.  I have been using #fiveonfriday but that isn't THIS Five On Friday.  So, from today, there is a new hashtag that no one else is already using and it will make it easier for us to share our Five On Friday posts with each other.  From now on the new hashtag is #LMMHfiveonfriday I will be using this from today so feel free to join in.

Things should settle down going forward after that final change!  All of the new things that I wanted or needed to do are now underway.  From here on in it will be blogging business as normal here with occasional crochet and shop news and then crochet matters will mainly be over on Ravelry and the Podcast.

I will share a bit of news of the blog and crochet back and forth though to keep both sides in touch with the other.  Other social media will be a mix and match affair, although I am considering "dropping" Facebook.  I have never really understood it or managed to make it work for me and there seem to be other things that am much better at.  The account will remain for now, but if you don't hear from me there you might prefer to find me on Twitter or Instagram.

Sorry about that long lot of thanks and so on!  I have a quick round up of the week and then, finally!, my Five things to share with you.

On Saturday I went phone shopping and I am pleased to report that everything now appears to have switched over to my new phone and be working.  I am still a little wary, but so far so good.

On Sunday we had a day at home - which I needed after the phone escapades!

Monday saw us plant shopping, but they are still sheltering in the little greenhouse as it has been too cold for planting.  I also recorded this weeks podcast.

Tuesday was a day out for lunch, but gosh, we had very odd weather.  We woke to what appeared to be snow then had terrible rain and hail and more snow during the day, finishing off with brilliant sunshine.  Most strange.

After that Wednesday was an easier day weather wise - I think! - I got a lot of crochet done.

Thursday was a day out, the weather was much better!!  I will share more in a moment.  Then later in the day our new mattress was delivered.  I am writing this on Thursday evening as I usually do and I am looking forward to a great nights sleep!

That was the week!  We are supposed to be "on holiday" this week, so I haven't done any paperwork, but I have still done "work" crochet and a few other projects besides.  The weather hasn't really been conducive to doing much but hopefully it will be nice over the weekend so we can get out and about.

I hope that you have all had enjoyable weeks without too much weird weather.

Anyway, on to my Five things for this week.

As I mentioned, on Thursday we went out and we visited West Green House Garden - you can find more information here.  I took nigh on 100 photos, so I have just chosen a five to share today in five different categories.  I will also do a longer post tomorrow so that you can see more.  It is well worth having a look at the gardens and therefore, hopefully!, my post tomorrow.

The gardens have been on our "must visit" list for many years, but we have just never managed to get there.  We had planned to go earlier in the week, but as I said, the weather...  Our final push for going was a lovely post shared recently by Crimson Kettle who visited and I realised that we really must go.  It was well worth it!!  We will definitely return later in the year to see how it has changed.

There are different areas to the garden so that is how I have divided this post.  Entry area, Formal Gardens, Water Gardens, Wild Gardens, Oriental Garden.

One - This area is just after the entrance and there are tables for tea and coffee and so on, a really beautiful place to sit and relax.


Two - There are several formal areas to the garden.  This is just outside the house.  The house isn't open, I believe it is leased to a tenant who also runs the garden, but the topiary is amazing.


Three - Several areas of the garden have water features.  This one is quite intricate, but simple at the same time with just a group of small fountains in the centre.


Four - Out in the "wilder" areas of the garden there are some large ponds and we really liked this bridge that went over one of them.


Five - Finally, for today, the Oriental Garden area.  There are dragons on either side, most impressive with their leaf designs!


As I said, more to come, but I hope this has given you a taster.  We certainly had a good time!

Hope you have a great weekend and do remember, if you can, please go and visit some of the other Five On Friday participants and leave them a comment.

Amy

********************

41 comments:

  1. Happy Friday Amy, (it's still Thursday night here in California). Wow, you have been very busy after I read this post and all you have accomplished. I enjoyed your podcast but I agree with you about Facebook. I'm not on Facebook and I don't really understand the concept. I loved seeing the beautiful photos of the gardens. And, I hope your weekend is fantastic; don't work too hard. Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting week you had, Amy!
    West Green House Garden looks like a fabulous place. Running the gardens and keeping everything in order must mean much work. I think I would like especially the Wild Gardens. :)
    Thank you for hosting Five on Friday. Have a lovely weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get on with Facebook at all either. It sounds like a really lovely week, I'm glad you had some relaxing days and a little plant shopping. It's been ridiculously cold hasn't it. All my plants are waiting, waiting to go outside, but I daren't risk it yet. West Green House Garden is amazing, lucky tenant to have that to look out at and wander round. It will no doubt be glorious in the summer, well worth returning. I shall look forward to your post tomorrow, you know how I love a good look round a garden. Wishing you both a good weekend Amy. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Amy, what a marvellous garden (I'll come back tomorrow!), but the waether is to cold for this season...
    I would like to follow you, but I have not idea, how is working Instagram - is it only for smartphones or other mobile things? Maybe, my desktop is to old, I've so often tried, but never can see Instagram. -
    Have a warmer weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have had some really strange weather recently haven't we? That looks like a great place to visit - I love the leafy dragon. Have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes so much has changed and has moved forward for you Amy, I'm pleased for you. Have a great week end x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great place to visit, five beautiful photos. The dragon certainly made me smile. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love anything with dragons! It's a shame it's so far away from us because I'm hoping to do a lot more garden visiting this summer and that one looks amazing. Thanks for keeping up with Five on Friday in such a busy schedule. Where do you find the time and energy?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This garden looks like a great place to visit – I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing. Sorry I'm not joining in with FonF this week (I wrote a post last night and can't do another so soon!). Glad you're better and back at it. Good luck with all your endeavours and have a great weekend. Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just watched your podcast- excellent! And it was lovely to see and hear you xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must look up West Green Gardens, it looks a great place to visit. I am pleased that all your technological ideas have come to fruition and I am looking forward to more podcasts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic garden and I love those wood piles in your last post too. Sounds like you have had a busy week Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear old WGG such a lovely place, thanks for the mention!! I don't think Facebook is as good as it was as you get so many things that friends have liked that you are just not interested in. I will have to have a go at this # craze when I work out where to put the #. Have fun x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful garden Amy, thank you for sharing. I knew you would love Instagram; it's very addictive! Thanks for hosting and have a good weekend. B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. You sound very busy indeed. Thanks for sharing the photos, I visited those gardens a few years ago when I lived in Hampshire, they are lovely.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you are feeling better, but I can't believe how you manage all that technology, as I've enough with one blog and the most simple mobile phone you can get. Well done and the garden visit looks super. Have a good weekend and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love the box hedge photo with the pretty pots in the middle. stunning! And yes I found you on instagram, its so fun isn't it. I don't know how you keep track of it all, you are rather good at social media! Have a lovely weekend, I hope the weather behaves for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a good week. Well done grappling with all the social media stuff (I don't use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or even a mobile phone!). Those garden pictures are gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are so busy Amy - I wonder do you ever sleep?? This is a lovely garden - in fact, I love all English gardens :) The topiary is very pretty indeed, the fountains look charming, and I really like the woodland and pond with the special bridge. It must be a beautiful place to live. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish I lived where you do and could have these gardens on my must see list. They look beautiful! Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You've certainly had a busy week! Loved the podcast and seeing you in person. These gardens look like a great place to wander around and enjoy. I just saw the round woodpiles in your previous post too ... that's a lot of wood! Your weather sounds the same as ours with cold and rain and not many warm days yet. Have a great weekend Amy,
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks like a great place for a day out, looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't know how I have missed seeing this lovely garden - thanks for showing it Amy - next time we are down in the Surrey area it will definitely be somewhere that we shall want to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm joining in for the first time today. I love reading your blog so thought I'd take the leap and participate.

    That looks like a beautiful place to visit. It looks like it would be a wonderfully peaceful place.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful gardens, Amy! Can't wait to see more! Good luck with all your new endeavors! Glad the meme is doing well too. It's always a joy to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  26. happy Friday, hope you have a lovely weekend, it's FREEZING here..........

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for hosting Amy,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  28. Glad to hear you are over your cold - and that you got a new mattress! We got a new one last summer and I no longer have back and hip pain. Thank you for the tour of those gorgeous gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sounds like it was a busy and productive week! I love the photos of the gardens. So beautiful!! I want to jump in the one with the bridge. Thanks for sharing and for always being such a wonderful hostess! xoxo Have a lovely weekend dear Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh to have gardens like that and the staff to take care of it. Love topiary and water gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you Amy for these lovely garden views. The topiary garden is amazing. Seems that cold bad weather has appeared here and there. Let's hope for a beautiful, sunny and warm May for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Amy, I'm not sure how to use the new hashtag.

    ReplyDelete
  33. You've had a very busy week. Love the gardens with the mix of wild and pruned - makes it so interesting.
    I don't get Instagram, but I do like Facebook for staying in touch with people. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for hosting Five and Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  34. The gardens look wonderful and I'm really looking forward to seeing and reading more about them.
    Like Mac n' Janet I haven't got to grips with the hashtag either - help! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  35. New hashtag now noted, though sadly not earlier - ah well I'll join in next week with that! Glad your cold has gone and isn't instagram fab, it's one of my favourites. That garden looks fantastic, I do love a bit of topiary - have a fab weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Amy I am so sorry I haven't visited as regularly as normal, it's been very hard to fit everything in at the moment and I'm afraid blogging has had to take a bit of a back burner. Boy, you sound very busy and not easy when you have been feeling a bit poorly. Looking forward to reading back through your posts to catch up! Thanks so much for hosting my lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. The garden photos are stunning!
    Thank you for sharing, and have a cozy weekend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  38. I enjoyed catching up with you! You've been busy as a bee! What a beautiful garden you visited.. can you imagine living there? ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  39. The gardens are beautiful and I am amazed that you were able to find the time to visit in a week that was so very full. Congrats on all the new accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Five lovely photos. The garden looks wonderful and I look forward to seeing more of it in your next post:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx